The school photographer will be at Smith’s Wood Academy on Friday 15th September taking year 7 & 11 photographs. Letters to parents have been given to students concerning arrangements for the day.
We have been informed by a number of parents that they are having difficulty in obtaining new Academy uniform from Clive Mark due to insufficient stock. If you have ordered an item of uniform, and it has not been delivered, can you please send your child in with a copy of the order, so that we are aware of the situation.
Please find attached the end of year letter which contains important information for the new academic year. Below, for quick reference, are a list of the schools key dates:
Please find below key term, examination and parent review dates for your diary.
- Wednesday 6th September: autumn term begins for all year groups
- Friday 15th September: year 7 and 11 photographs
- Thursday 28th September: year 11 study skills workshop for pupils and families
- Friday 20th October: half term ends
- Monday 30th October: half term begins
- Monday 30th October: year 11 mock exam results collection
- Monday 11th December: year 11 mock exam results collection
- Thursday 21st December: year 11 and 13 parents’ evening
- Friday 22nd December: end of autumn term
- Monday 8th January: teacher training day
- Tuesday 9th January: spring term begins for all year groups
- Thursday 18th January: year 10 parents’ evening
- Thursday 25th January: year 8 parents’ evening
- Friday 16th February: half term ends
- Monday 26th February: half term begins
- Monday 26th March: year 11 mock exam results collection
- Thursday 27th March: year 7 parents’ evening
- Thursday 29th March: end of spring term
- Monday 16th April: summer term begins
- Thursday 10th May: year 9 parents’ evening
- May, June and July: GCSE and end of year examinations
- Friday 20th July: end of summer term
I would like to take this opportunity of wishing you all a lovely summer break
Head of Academy
Year 7-10 & Year 12 Progress Review Day will be held on Wednesday 19th July 2017. Please read the Y7-10 Progress Review Day letter for further information concerning arrangements for this day.
Please note even though Year 10 students will be on Work Experience, parents are still requested to attend the review day. They will then be able to sign, and collect, Academy bags for their child.
Please note that reception will be open from 8.00am until 4.00pm on Wednesday 19th July for parents to collect, and sign for, Academy bags.
Please note that the ‘trade-in’ for blazers with Clive Mark has been extended to 23rd July 2017.
As a reminder, if parents take their child’s old Smith’s Wood Sports College blazer into Clive Mark, Sheldon, before this date, they will receive a discount of £5.00 off a new Academy blazer.
Purchased photographs will be delivered to school, for distribution, the first week back in the autumn term, unless you have paid for them to be posted to your home address.
Parents/guardians of year 10 students will be receiving a letter concerning the arrangement for additional Mathematics lessons. Please click here for further information.
Following the school converting to an Academy in April 2017, parents are being notified that the uniform will be changing with effect from 1st September 2017. For your information please read our New Uniform from September 2017 letter that has been sent to all parents outlining these changes.
Please note that this letter does not apply to year 6 students moving into year 7 in September 2017. All information concerning new year 7s has been sent out under separate cover concerning uniform, start date etc. Parents of new year 7s are expected to purchase all full uniform, as indicated in the Uniform Policy, for their child.
Following the recent OFSTED inspection and conversion to Academy status on 1st April the leadership team, in collaboration with Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust, have begun to plan to both address the areas for improvement as set out in the inspection report, and to assimilate the work that we do with the core values of The Trust; these being Excellence, Dedication, Ambition, Integrity and Tradition.
In light of this please see a copy of a letter that has been sent to all parents concerning important changes at Smith’s Wood Academy.