At Smith’s Wood Sports College all pupils in KS3 have the opportunity to study either French or Spanish in accordance with the National Curriculum. The huge majority of students will continue their language through to GCSE Full-course or GCSE Short-course.
The department has very high standards and expectations for all pupils and actively encourages pupils to broaden their cultural understanding of different countries as well as develop key abilities in communicating with others; key skills for future work and life that make languages such an essential subject.
Some Useful Links:
- Languages Leaders on Mondays 3pm-4pm in L3 Click here
- Chinese Club on Thursday 3:15-4pm Click here
- We are introducing APP in Languages starting with Year 7s in 2012 Click here
- Mrs F. Marley – Head of Languages Faculty
- Mr C. Casanova – Head of Modern Foreign Languages
- Mrs J. Alwill – Head of French
- Ms L. Garwell – French and Spanish Teacher
- Ms G. Marchant – French, Spanish and English Teacher
- Mr N. Fari – French and Spanish Teacher
- Mrs S. Jeffery – Subject Specific Teaching Assistant
- Mrs H. Buckingham – Subject Specific Teaching Assistant