Coronavirus: COVID-19 Updates from Smith's Wood Academy
The latest on the Coronavirus.
Wednesday 13 May
FRIDAY 1 May
Tuesday 21 April
Monday 20 April
- Ofqual seeks views on GCSE and A level grading proposals for 2020
- Response to 31 March direction from Secretary of State for Education
- Awarding vocational and technical qualifications this summer
- How GCSEs, AS & A levels will be awarded in summer 2020
- Further update on 2020 exams
- Statement on vocational and technical qualifications in 2020
- Update following announcement on exams and grades
- Coronavirus – a further statement: Our response to Gavin Williamson’s statement on summer exams
Friday 3 April
WEDNESDAY 1 April – Coronavirus help and support for all
FRIDAY 27 MARCH
WEDNESDAY 25 MARCH – Free school meals update
FRIDAY 20 MARCH
You will be aware that the Government has requested that the Academy remains open for children of critical workers and vulnerable children. What is a vulnerable child? What is a critical worker and what should you do now? Read our latest update here.
And as we close our doors, our Head of Academy wishes all our pupils and their families well. Read Mrs Craig’s letter here.
THURSDAY 19 MARCH
Following on from yesterday’s updates, we have now been instructed to close the school to almost all children after Friday 20 March until further notice.
Tomorrow, Years 7 and 10 will continue to be expected in school. Years 8, 9 and 11 will be completing home learning as previously communicated; this is due to ongoing staff absence and to ensure the safety of students.
Read the full letter from our Head of Academy.
Staff email contact list.
WEDNESDAY 18 MARCH
The decision has been taken to keep the Academy open for Years 7. 10 and 11 ONLY. Read today’s update from our Head of Academy.
TUESDAY 17 MARCH
What happens if the Academy closes? Key questions answered here.
The decision has been taken to partially close Smith’s Wood Academy based on the safe levels of staffing required to ensure student safety. Read the letter from our Head of Academy.