Please find attached a letter concerning details of the Macmillan Coffee Morning on Friday 29th September 2017 being held at the school.
Come and see our Academy, meet our staff and speak to pupils at our Open Evening on Wednesday 20th September 4:00pm to 6:30pm and our Open Day on Friday 22nd September 2017, 9.00am-1.00pm.
Year 11 students are encouraged to attend our English after-school revision sessions. Timetable below:
|Monday||Paper 1, Q 5 (creative writing)||L1 Mrs Morris||Vocabulary choice and sentence structures.|
|Tuesday||An Inspector Calls||L1 Mrs Morris||The play’s main characters and themes.|
|Thursday||A Christmas Carol||L1 Mrs Morris||The novella’s plot, main characters and themes.|
|Friday||Shakespeare or Poetry||L1 Mrs Morris||Macbeth or Romeo and Juliet
Poetry covered in year 10
The Academy is open from 10am to collect results. Good luck!
Please find attached the end of year letter which contains important information for the new academic year. Below, for quick reference, are a list of the schools key dates:
Please find below key term, examination and parent review dates for your diary.
- Wednesday 20th September 2017 – Open Evening
- Thursday 28th September: year 11 study skills workshop for pupils and families
- Friday 20th October: half term ends
- Monday 30th October: half term begins
- Monday 30th October: year 11 mock exam results collection
- Monday 11th December: year 11 mock exam results collection
- Thursday 21st December: year 11 and 13 parents’ evening
- Friday 22nd December: end of autumn term
- Monday 8th January: teacher training day
- Tuesday 9th January: spring term begins for all year groups
- Thursday 18th January: year 10 parents’ evening
- Thursday 25th January: year 8 parents’ evening
- Friday 16th February: half term ends
- Monday 26th February: half term begins
- Monday 26th March: year 11 mock exam results collection
- Tuesday 27th March: year 7 parents’ evening
- Thursday 29th March: end of spring term
- Monday 16th April: summer term begins
- Monday 7th May: Bank Holiday
- Friday 25th May half term ends
- Monday 4th June: half term begins
- Thursday 10th May: year 9 parents’ evening
- May, June and July: GCSE and end of year examinations
- Friday 20th July: end of summer term
I would like to take this opportunity of wishing you all a lovely summer break
Head of Academy
Year 7-10 & Year 12 Progress Review Day will be held on Wednesday 19th July 2017. Please read the Y7-10 Progress Review Day letter for further information concerning arrangements for this day.
Please note even though Year 10 students will be on Work Experience, parents are still requested to attend the review day. They will then be able to sign, and collect, Academy bags for their child.
Please note that reception will be open from 8.00am until 4.00pm on Wednesday 19th July for parents to collect, and sign for, Academy bags.
Please note that the ‘trade-in’ for blazers with Clive Mark has been extended to 23rd July 2017.
As a reminder, if parents take their child’s old Smith’s Wood Sports College blazer into Clive Mark, Sheldon, before this date, they will receive a discount of £5.00 off a new Academy blazer.
Purchased photographs will be delivered to school, for distribution, the first week back in the autumn term, unless you have paid for them to be posted to your home address.